The Department of Business Administration inaugurated "ESPRIT" club in 2009-2010 and organizes guest lectures by experienced professionals and entrepreneurs to facilitate the students to be acquainted with the contemporary inclination of business and trade activities. Guest lectures have been conducted in various areas such as Sales & Marketing, Finance & Capital Markets, Personnel & Human Resources, Production & Manufacturing, etc.
The Department in association with the Women Cell of our college, conducted Trade Fair in 2011,and provided an opportunity for the students to exhibit their handmade, craft, and other self made products in order to widen their in-built talents and entrepreneurial skills hidden with them. Many of them are receiving regular orders from various sources for their products.This lends a hand to the students to take part in "Earn While You Learn" program also.
The department has organized a Guest Lecture on January 10, 2013 for the III B.B.A. and I M.Com students.The Guest Speaker of the day was Mr.B.Chandra Moulish M.A., M.B.A. Country Head, Maharishi Group who delivered a visual presentation on "Customer-Oriented Service Marketing".
The department has also organized an Industrial Visit to SCHWING STETTER INDIA PVT. LTD.,SIPCOT Industries, Sriperumbudur for III B.B.A. students on March 8, 2013.
Association Activities: 2014
1. Department has conducted “TALENT SHOW” during the month of January 2014. Various competitions like Rangoli, Mehandhi, Pot Painting, Face Painting, Drawing, Hair Style, Dance & Music were conducted and the winners for each event wereawarded certificates.
2. Students of the Batch 2011-14 have been taken for an Industrial Visit to Die-Tech India Pvt. Ltd., SIPCOT II Phase, Mambakkam Village, Sriperumbudhur, Kanchipuram District on 11th February, 2014. They have been given a brief introduction about dyes and dye manufacturing components.
3. The Department has organized the skillful activity as “ADROIT-2014”the Inter –Collegiate Competition on 19th February, 2014 at our College Premises to nurture the young talents to the realistic need of business today. Chief Guest of the day was Mr.K. Subramanian, Head-HR, Lucas TVS Ltd., Chennai. He gave an inspiring speech on ‘Employability Skills’. On-Stage events of Paper Presentations, Business Quiz and The Best Manager and Off-Stage events of Logo Designing, Collage and Ad-Copy were conducted. Students from various colleges have actively participated and won many prizes. Overall Championship has been bagged by Valliammal College for Women, Chennai.
4. 13th Feb. 2015 & 14th Feb. 2015 Department has organized two days work shop on Entrepreneurship. The Chief Guest Shri.V.Ramakrishnan, Dy.Director, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprises (MSME), Government of India, Guindy, Chennai gave the Inaugural address and Demo Session (Non-Woven Environ Bags)given by Mrs.K.Bhagyalakshmi, Proprietrix, M/s.Environ Bags and (Paper Jewellery & Artificial Jewellery)session by Mrs. Pushpa Mary, Proprietrix, M/s. Sai Enterprises. Mrs. R. Revathi, Alumni, Proprietrix, M/s.Lakshmi Ragi Malt, gave valedictory address .
Association Activities: 2016
1. Two-day workshop on 23rd & 24th June 2016 Orientation on entrepreneurship was conducted by the Department of Business Administration and HRM of Bhaktavatsalam Memorial College. Around 80 students from various courses participated in the programme. Among them, five students were selected for internship training, said a release.
2. The students of MA (HRM) Visited to the Hatusun Agro Private Limited, Kancheepuram on 22nd sep 2016. Students queried and clarrified the doubts related to their marketing techniques, their production methods of satisfying various specification of time and tools adopted by them to match their customers demand etc,.
3. Intercollegiate -ADROIT2016 held on 7th october 2016. The cheif guest Dr.Kishore Vaangal, Business Analyst , Chennai gave the inaugural address. He inspired audience by his valuable speech on 7 dimensions for Excellence in life. Various events were B.Quiz, Block & Tackle, Stress Interview, Team building and Poster presentation.
The Exhibition of the students talents in the form of hand-craft work was displayed in the event. Shri.Kanniga Parameswari college won the overall Championship for the Intercollegeate competetion.
Shri. K.S. Padmanabhan , Vice - President , Indian Oil Co-operative Society , Chennai gave the Validictory address was also a very useful talk about employability, knowledge of skills required in job market. It was a very grand success at the end of the day.
4. Students participated on Jan 2017. Two Days Programme on Entrepreneurship in association with IIM, Calcutta
5.Community Services - Services by our Students in association with ARUWE, an NGO functioning at Ayanavaram, Ch-23.
Training the old people and children in juvenile homes, specially to girl children who are downtrodden, rag pickers, orphans, sexually abused, girls rescued from slavery by
Making Paper Quilling Ornaments, Pen stand with Ice-cream sticks, flowers from tissue paper, etc.
6. Augmentation Course conducted by the department to different discipline of students.
7. Department has conducted Leadership Skills - Continuing Education Course to the art, science and technical students.