The tragic and untimely death of his beloved son, “Rathnavel Subramaniam” at the age of four, some years back had become a turning point in his life. It had driven him to start and manage several educational institutions of high standard and quality under “ Rathnavel Subramaniam Educational Trust” at Coimbatore and Dindigul after the name of his dear departed son.
He is a recipient of numerous awards and honours from renowned organizations. He has been awarded Doctor of Philosophy in Education by Dianora University, Italy and Doctor of Honours in Social Work by Medicina Alternative, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1993. For his continuous magnificent service in the field of education, he has been honoured with “Thanga Natchathiram” award by CTV communications.
He has been conferred Soverign Excellency Knight by Grand Cross Sir Knight, Grand of the Sovereign and Royal Order of the Crown of Susiana and Sovereign Order of Ambrosia, Italy in 1994 followed by Bharat Jyothi Award from International Integrity, Peace and Friendship Society for the achievements in the fields of Technology, Public Life, Social service, Education, Business and Industry. He received the Best Management Award by M.K. University for his meritorius contribution in Higher education in 1995.
The Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award was presented by International Integrity, Peace and Friendship Society, Bangalore in the year 1998. He has received the International Gold Star Award from His Excellency, Lalit Mansingh, Indian High Commissioner to U.K. in London in 1999. He has been awarded the Jambawan Award in 2005 by Tamilnadu Press & Media Reporters. In the year 2014, he has received the Shiksha Vibhushan Award by Brahma Kumaris Education, Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
Our Chairman has served as a Member in several prestigious national level institutions. To cite a few
1. Indian Council for Agricultural Research ( ICAR)
2. Indian Council for Agricultural Research Society (ICARS)
3. Zonal Railway Users Consultative Committee
4. Government of India – AIDS Awareness Committee
5. Dairy Products Sub-Committee of C.C.F.S.
6. Bharathiar University ( Senate)
7. Lions Member: Melvin Jones Fellow
8. Member / Director : Lions Club of Coimbatore, Sidhapudur
9. Trustee: Lions Club of Sidhapur Charitable Trust
10. Life Member : Discharged Prisoner Aid Society